World Sleep Day 2020! In this content we will share with you about World Sleep Day history, quotes, poem, Image, pic, Wishes, message, status. So you should stay with us. This is very important and popular day for sleep lover. Huge number of people are searching on many search engine for this day. If you also searching about this day, this content just for you.
Shortcut Links Of this Content:
History of World sleep Day:
World Sleep Day focuses on the issues related to sleep, sleep medicine, education about sleep, and the social effects that sleep deprivation can have on everyday life. According to the American Sleep Association, over 50 to 70 million people have a sleeping disorder, over 25 million have sleep apnea, and the most commonly reported sleep problem is insomnia. Organized by the World World Sleep Day Committee of World Sleep Society, the holiday started with a group of health professionals and providers studying in the area of sleep medicine and sleep research. World Sleep Day aims to bring people together, from everyday people to healthcare providers, to discuss and help those with sleep problems find solutions.
Who created World Sleep Day?
The annual awareness event was started by a group of dedicated healthcare providers and members of the medical community working and studying in the area of sleep medicine and research. The goal of the first World Sleep Day was to bring together sleep healthcare providers to discuss and distribute sleep information around the world. The first co-chairs of World Sleep Day were Liborio Parrino, MD, Associate Professor of Neurology at Parma University, Italy and Antonio Culebras, MD, Professor of Neurology, Upstate Medical University, and Consultant, The Sleep Center, Community General Hospital, Syracuse, New York, USA.
Why was World Sleep Day created?
Time and time again, sleep medicine professionals and researchers came up against the belief that sleep was not important enough in personal health and well-being to be a priority. That coupled with society’s 24/7 flow, the founders of this awareness event aim to celebrate the importance of healthy sleep.
Who supports World Sleep Day?
World Sleep Day is hosted by World Sleep Society (WSS), a nonprofit based in the United States. Per the organizational bylaws, World Sleep Society does not support, recommend or endorse any products of services. The awareness event does accept corporate sponsorships to help support the cost to host the event, but World Sleep Society, the World Sleep Day Committee, or any person affiliated with WSS does not endorse or recommend commercial products, treatments, or companies.
World Sleep Day 2020 quotes, poem, Image, pic, Wishes, message, status:
- Sleep is the best meditation. – The Dalai Lama
- Even a soul submerged in sleep is hard at work and helps make something of the world. – Heraclitus, Fragments
- I want to see beauty in the ugly, in the sink, in the suffering, in the daily, in all the days before I die, the moments before I sleep. – Ann Voskamp
- Sleep is the most innocent creature there is and a sleepless man the most guilty. – Franz Kafka
- Goodnight – may you fall asleep in the arms of a dream, so beautiful, you’ll cry when you awake. – Michael Faudet
- Sleep is my lover now, my forgetting, my opiate, my oblivion. – Audrey Niffenegger
- True silence is the rest of the mind, and is to the spirit what sleep is to the body, nourishment and refreshment. – William Penn
- Not being able to sleep is awful. You have the suffering of having partied all evening without the complete satisfaction. – Lynn Johnston