National Redhead Day! In this content, we share with you about National Redhead day 2021. We also share Happy National Redhead Day 2021 Date, History, Celebrations Idea, Wishes, Quotes, Images, Pictures, Photos available in this content. In the United States, every year 5th November is officially celebrated as Happy National Redhead Day.
On this day, many redhead people chance to shine with each gorgeous strand of their hair. Redheads are often treated like the odd man (or woman) out, as they possess the rarest of hair colors. Plus, redheads are described as “fiery” and “hot-tempered.”
Shortcut Links Of this Content:
When is National Redhead Day 2021?
This year, the National Redhead Day 2021 celebrate on 5th November.
History of National Redhead Day:
Every 5th November, National Redhead Day is also known as Love Your Red Hair Day in the United States, the United Kingdom, and other parts of the world. Although the rest of us natural brunettes and blondes may throw a little shade, people with red hair get this one day to celebrate their most rare of hair colors.
We have two redhead sisters to thank for coming up with Love Your Red Hair Day or National Redhead Day. In 2015, Adrienne and Stephanie Vendetta wanted people to be proud of their red hair in response to negative posts on a Kick a Ginger Day site. (The term, ‘ginger,’ is seen as a derogatory description of people with red hair.” As part of their slap back, the women created their website, “How To Be a Redhead,” which eventually added Love Your Red Hair Day.
National Redhead Day 2021 Quotes:
- “It was dreadful. They tried to put the little redhead in a cage.” >Sarah Ferguson
- “When you’re younger, being a redhead is… Well, my two brothers teased me no end.” >Isla Fisher
- “In British culture, redheads get teased at school. But I’ve grown up enough to realize I love my hair.” >Lily Cole
- “While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats.” >Mark Twain
- “I love being a redhead. It’s a rare thing, so I think there’s a bond between redheads.” >Laura Prepon
- “There is more, much more, to being a redhead than the color of one’s hair.” >G. Adam Stanislav
- “When red-headed people are above a certain social grade their hair is auburn.” >Mark Twain
- “My husband said he wanted to have a relationship with a redhead, so I dyed my hair.” >Jane Fonda
- “Redheads keep the world on fire and men’s hearts ablaze.” >Kaliana Dietrich
- “I definitely know that I’m quirky. I know that I’m different. Red hair definitely made me different growing up.” >Jayma Mays
National Redhead Day 2021 Activities:
Rock your favorite hairstyle
Let your hair be the true star of the show! Head to a salon and get your hair done to show it some extra love.
Throw a party with fellow redheads
It may be a small party, but we bet it will be a good one! Get together with your other redhead friends and celebrate your rare and beautiful locks.
Pay homage to famous redheads in Hollywood
Put on your favorite movies and shows starring redheads. Think “I Love Lucy,” “La La Land,” “The Wizard of Oz,” and countless others.
5 Colorful Facts About National Redhead Day 2021:
The rarest of the rare? Red hair and blue eyes
Though you may think redheads typically have blue eyes, you are wrong. Very few redheads have blue eyes — in fact most of them have brown.
Redheads grey slower
Another plus of being a redhead is that their hair turns to grey slower than other hair colors. So enjoy and embrace that color even more!
Redheads tend to be left-handed
Beating out both blondes and brunettes, more redheads are left-handed than any other hair color. Yet another thing that makes them stand out.
Redheads have fewer hair strands
According to research, redheads have on average 90,000 strands of hair. This is fewer than brunettes who clock in at 140,000 strands and blondes at 110,000.
Redheads are better at making Vitamin D
Redheads are great at making their own Vitamin D. This is likely because they have less eumelanin in their bodies than other hair colors, so they’ve got to make up for it somehow.
Why We Love National Redhead Day?
Authentic redheads are rare
Only 2% of the world’s population has red hair. Now you see why it’s worth all this celebration.
Redheads are considered mutants
No, not the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle type. Red hair is caused by the mutation of a gene that creates a new recessive gene, MC1R.
Red hair is royal hair
Another reason to celebrate redheads today (and every day) is the fact that much of the British royal bloodline were redheads. Queen Elizabeth, I herself was a proud redhead — and passed that gene down.
Thanks for staying with us for a long time. You might get a lot of useful information for Redhead Day 2021. Have you any questions about this content? Comment here, our team members will be replied as soon as possible.