National Cake Day! In this content, we will share with you about National Cake day history, wishes, message, quotes, poem, Image, Picture, status & HD wallpaper. This is the very popular day for every United States people. Cake Day is a holiday which is celebrated annually in the United States on November 26th and is used to celebrate the dessert which is ubiquitous to just about all American households: the cake. After all, just about every American household will eat cake at some point of the year. Whether it’s for their birthday, their anniversary, for retirement celebrations or for graduations from school. Therefore, it seems like a good day to honor the centerpiece in all of these celebrations – the cake.
Shortcut Links Of this Content:
History of National Cake Day:
Cake is a dessert which has a long history. It can be traced all the way back to the Vikings who used the Old Norse term Kaka to denote a baked flour confection that was usually sweetened with honey. It is believed to have been made shortly after the invention of bread. In Western civilization, the development of the cake would continue throughout the centuries. Cakes in the United States would eventually be borrowed from the British, who in turn had borrowed it from the Greeks.
During the early 18th century, pound cakes were all the rage and one of the most popular at this time was Washington Cake. Washington Cakes were frequently steamed pound cakes that were flavored with a variety of spices, as well as dried currants and raisins. One of the most famous ones was made by Mary Simpson, also known as Mary Washington, who was the freed slave of President George Washington. She prepared this cake to remember Washington’s Birthday and it was an instant success, leading to a number of different imitations during the 19th century and the proliferation of Washington Cakes during this period of time.
How to Celebrate?
- Eat cake! For breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Make your favorite cake and don’t forget to share it with friends and family.
- Have a cake baking contest at work. Whoever wins for the best cake gets to take the leftovers (if any) home.
- If the day coincides with Thanks giving in the United States, replace the pie at your thanksgiving table with cake. Or even better just add cake to the array of desserts.
Cake Day Customs & Celebrations
The best way to celebrate Cake Day is to eat cake with your friends and family. You can try one of the many cake recipes that can be found on the Internet today. Be sure that after you bake, or buy, your cake that you snap a picture of it and post it to social media using the hashtag #cakeday or #nationalcakeday. That way, everyone can witness you taking part in this festive holiday.
Where is Cake Day celebrated?
National Cake Day 2021 Quotes, Message, Saying:
1. Every moment of happiness and celebration ends with something sweet and CAKES are the best way to celebrate happiness….. Best wishes on National Cake Day.
2. It doesn’t really matter how many candles you have on your cake till the time you have CAKE on your birthday….. Happy National Cake Day.
3. When you are happy, you want to have something sweet and there is nothing better than cake to add sweetness to life…. Have a Happy National Cake Day.
4. Let us face it that a creamy, soft and delicious cake has the power to set every mood right….. Sending you lots of love and best wishes on National Cake Day.
5. National Cake Day give us more reasons other than birthday parties and anniversaries to have cake…. So let us not miss this opportunity and enjoy some yummy cakes.
6. Life is too short to say a NO to CAKE….. So keep enjoying this baking delight!!!
7. I love to eat cake every day because it is someone’s birthday somewhere and birthday is incomplete without a cake.
8. Calories in a birthday cake are never counted!!!
9. Your actions define where you want to go and mine always aim at having a slice of CAKE.
10. Life is better when you have a reason to CAKE….. Happy National Cake Day to you.