Left Handers Day 2019 – International Left Handers Day 2019 History, Image, Picture, Messages, Greetings, SMS, Photos & Wallpaper! Today (August 13) is International Left Handers Day, 24 hours that celebrate those who rely on their left hand. The date has been observed on August 13 each year since 1976, when it was founded by Dean R. Campbell, founder of the Lefthanders International, Inc. The Left-Handers Day Club “declared” it official in 1997.
The word ‘sinister’ which, all things considered, is not a great way to be described, is derived from the Latin for ‘left’. In fact, ‘sinistral’ is still used today as a more formal term for ‘left-handed’ – despite the fact it sounds pretty creepy. One of the most extreme examples of this linguistic bias can be found in Turkish, where the word for right also means ‘alive’, while the word for left means ‘die.’ Given that the the idea of ‘left’ has been thought of in such a negative way, it’s no surprise that left-handed people have had such a hard time.
However, most of the bias that left-handed people experience isn’t because they are thought of as clumsy or evil. It’s simply because the vast majority of products are designed with right-handed people in mind
International left-Handers Day Quotes, Sayings 2019:
1. Take pride in calling yourself a lefthander because you can do things with your left hand which even a dexterous right hander cannot imagine to do….. Warm wishes on International Left Hander’s Day to you.
2. As fortunate right handers, we must understand the problems faced by left handers and do things which can make daily routines easier for them…. With that note, I wish you a very Happy International Left Hander’s Day.
3. You have no control whether you are born as a right hander or left hander but you do have complete control over your actions….. Remember the hand doesn’t matter, what matters is the heart…. Happy International Left Hander’s Day.
4. We celebrate International Left Hander’s Day as a reminder that we do have lots of left handers around us who are struggling by accommodating with the comforts designed just for the right handers…. Let us change this!!!! A Happy International Left Hander’s Day.
5. We all are biased because if we can biases against people who are left handers then we are always going to be judgmental…. Let us come about of our thought processes and celebrate International Left Hander’s Day.
6. We are lucky that we are right handers because otherwise we would have had some other group of right handers standing against us when we struggle to fit in their world…. Best wishes on International Left Hander’s Day.
7. It is no crime to be born as a left hander because a person’s skill cannot be judged by what hand he uses but is it judged purely by his talent which doesn’t depend on his hand….. Wishing you a warm International Left Hander’s Day.